Tag Archive for: women
Challenging traditional leadership – empowering women! is a long term project proposed from 7 partners from EU and WB. It is composed of activities aimed it raising the capacity building of partners and other stakeholders and mobilities that allow young people and youth workers to learn in an inter-cultural learning environment.
- Kick Off Meeting of Partners
- Training of Trainers “From Power over to power to-transformative leadership in a man’s world”
- Local Campaign “iLEAD for Equity”
- Youth Exchange “Youth leaders as change makers”
- Seminar The main aim of the project is to train and empower youth workers, youth leaders and young people advocate for transformational leadership while raising awareness about traditional gender roles with regards to the women empowerment.
Our project shall address gender as an equality issue, with positive approach to diminish the negative stereotypes and discrimination related to sex and/or gender and promote equity and collaborative leadership in society. This project focuses on putting the participants in a safe environment where they are given space, time, means and support to self-reflection, self-empowerment and improvement. Our project goes out of the feminism rhetoric, and seeks to approach gender as an equity issue and look closely to the “power over – power to- power with” approaches that go in line very well to traditional leadership and gender discrimination in today’s society.
By bringing youth in a position to analyse and critically think on the topics we aim at allowing and supporting them to create their own opining and responsibility for their future actions.OBJECTIVES:
- Train youth workers/leaders and young people on how to promote gender equity, fight the gender stereotypes and promote the transformative leadership education for empowered societies.
- Challenging and changing existing structures, institutions, practices, customs, norms, values, attitudes, and beliefs where these are barriers to the achievement of women’s rights and the rights of all people, regardless of gender or sexual identity.
- Support and improve skills of youth workers by giving them practical and professional skills in leadership styles and values.- Increase the awareness about importance of gendered leadership; – Analyze existing cases and design a structured strategy on how to approach and transform practices through youth work, gender mainstreaming and gender culture;
- Foster the participation of youth workers in taking role of advocates and ensure ethical conduct in leadership world.
- Promote the Erasmus + as a strong tool for promoting transformative leadership and gender equity.
- Create an effective practice that can be used by all the partner promoters and the wider networks.
Tag Archive for: women
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria
- New project has started – Colors of Humanity2 February 2023 - 20:09
- Get Smact Project finished successfully27 November 2022 - 15:23
- Final event under Project Get Smact – Tirana, Albania27 October 2022 - 10:37
- Call for participants for Safebook project Training Course in Serbia1 August 2022 - 15:00
- Call for participants for Training course under project Power ON Competencies in Albania13 January 2020 - 17:33